Children’s Admissions Process
Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey into the world of acting? Our renowned screen acting school offers a unique opportunity for young talents like you to hone your skills, express your creativity, and shine on the big and small screens. Here’s why our admissions process is your first step towards an incredible acting adventure:
We have two ways is which to enter classes.
- Beginners Course. January, March and September intake. No audition required. This is a six week course to prepare the children to pass through into the the advanced classes. It is fun and informative. We usually start them on the second Tuesday of the month. More information below.
- If you can’t wait and want join NFD straight away we do have an informal audition process. Details below.
Passion for Acting:
We’re seeking passionate young individuals who have a genuine love for acting. Whether you’ve perform theatre, or just enjoy putting on a show for your family and friends, your enthusiasm is the foundation of your journey with us.
No Prior Experience Required:
Don’t worry if you’re new to acting – we welcome aspiring actors with all levels of experience. Our comprehensive curriculum is designed to cater to beginners as well as those who have already taken their first steps on stage or in front of a camera.
Our admissions process revolves around an informal audition that allows you to showcase your potential. We are interested in your willingness to learn, take direction, and bring authenticity to your acting and this starts with a short self- tape to be sent to us via wetransfer email firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp if this easier. Please use our mobile 07932653466.
Your audition piece is at the end of this script with examples.
This is your chance to demonstrate your ability to convey emotions, deliver lines naturally, and embrace different characters. Whether it’s a dramatic monologue, a comedic scene, or an improvised scenario, we want to see your range and the unique flair you bring to your acting.
Emphasis on Growth:
At NFD, we believe that every actor has untapped potential. Our experienced instructors are dedicated to nurturing your talent, helping you overcome challenges, and guiding you toward growth in your acting journey.
Safe and Supportive Environment:
We understand that young actors thrive in a nurturing and safe environment. Our school promotes a culture of respect, empathy, and encouragement, allowing you to express yourself freely and confidently.
If selected, you’ll embark on a comprehensive training program that covers various aspects of screen acting. From acting techniques and character development to on-screen presence and audition skills, you’ll gain a well-rounded education that prepares you for the industry.
As part of your training, you’ll have the chance to participate in onset location filming, where you can put your skills into action. This real-world experience is invaluable for building your confidence and introducing you to the excitement of the acting world.
Beyond skill-building, our screen acting school is a place where you’ll create lasting memories and forge friendships with fellow young actors who share your passion.
So, if you’re ready to take centre stage, embrace the magic of storytelling, and set your dreams in motion, Northern Film and Drama for children and teenagers is the perfect place to begin your acting adventure. We can’t wait to see you in our screen acting classes!
1.Beginners Course (Admissions Intake September, January and March)
This course is more designed for students who have little or no experience and need some encouragement. It is to help them to take their first steps into the world of screen acting.
What we cover on the course?
Introduction to screen acting:
1.Teach the basic principles of acting, including body language, facial expressions, and voice modulation.
- Understanding the camera: Explain how the camera captures different angles and distances, and how to adapt acting techniques accordingly.
- Improvisation: Teach improvisation exercises to help children think on their feet and react authentically in different situations.
- Script analysis: Introduce the importance of script analysis, including understanding character motivations, relationships, and objectives.
- Emotion and emotional memory: Help children tap into their emotions and explore techniques for accessing and conveying different emotions on screen.
- Blocking and movement: Teach how blocking and movement on set are different from stage acting, and guide children on how to navigate their physicality in front of the camera.
- Scene work: Assign scenes from films or TV serials for children to practice and perform, encouraging them to get used to the different types of scripts. Look at character breakdown, backstory and looking to convey different emotions.
To join there is £30.00 booking fee to secure a place.
Weekly cost for lesson which is 70 mins is £25.00.
We only have a few places as we prefer to teach in very small groups to ensure the best teaching standards. We suggest to book early to avoid disappointment. Please book at the bottom of the page. Also please email us letting us know you have booked a place email@example.com
2. Audition/Self Tape (For children or teenagers who want to join NFD now!)
(To be filmed on phone camera and uploaded to we transfer or WhatsApp)
Children 6-12 years Poem
Cold Blue Nose
Mr Frost is back again
Scattering white lace
Across the window pane
Shivering in our beds
Woolly hats on our heads
Freezing fingers, numb toes
No heating just a blue nose
Get up get up you will be late for school.
Who wants to go to school?
On a freezing cold day
But only me a silly old fool!
With freezing fingers and numb toes
Drag my body with my cold blue nose.
Up too slow to eat
my pancake treat
In my nice warm seat
On with my coat
Shoes on my feet
Off we go into icy sleet
Freezing fingers, numb toes
Sniffling through a cold blue nose.
By A.E. Lee
Teenage Boy 13yrs to 16yrs
Teenage boy (This can ne read or memorised)